Scraps: “Killing of a Sacred Deer”
- Liked this more than The Lobster, although I haven’t seen Dogtooth or Alps.
- Great casting, Nicole Kidman was pretty great. Barry Keoghan was amazing – a great embodiment of volatile, young masculinity with high potential for violence.
- Again, felt like the movie was kind of talking about the male ego – and violent consequences.
- The shot following Colin Farrell’s character above his shoulder kind of stuck with me.
- Also, the scene where Raffey Cassidy sings to Barry Keoghan’s character, while holding cigarette, standing by a tree.
- The film felt like less of an open ended question than The Lobster (and as told to me by Malcolm, his other films.)
- Saw this with my sister and she was thoroughly confused.