Director: Joachim Trier
Cinematographer: Sidney Lexy Plaut
- Beautiful acting from all the leads.
- Came in with a mild skepticism, as it’s a film about a young gay girl – made by an older straight guy. Was generally impressed that how sex and desire play out in the film, nothing felt forced or overly sensualized.
- The film feels very restrained, despite the premise of the film. Even on its most over the top moments, there’s a sense of control that works. Very graceful.
- Despite the meticulous film making, the film never felt condescending or trite – instead it felt very sincere, human.
- Also feels very clear and trim as a film.