Director: Ruben Östlund
Cinematographer: Fredrik Wenzel
- It’s getting kind of weird that I’ve unintentionally been seeing films that explore the toxicity and fragility of male masculinity.
- Beautifully shot. The way the film looks help elevate the sense of discomfort and isolation.
- Children are scary, but also realizing that you are stuck in a relationship and had built your entire structure of self-worth around an unreliable person is scarier.
- This movie brings out a lot of droning anxieties around the prospect of a nuclear family.
- A very dark movie in ways that get under your skin slowly, the fact that it’s very aesthetically pleasing really helps make it a little more terrifying.