Lately I’ve been in the mood for comedies. With everything going on, who wouldn’t!
(2021) Mortal Kombat
- Boring despite the hype, and the fighting wasn’t even that entertaining.
(1988) Dirty, Rotten Scoundrels
- A sharp, wonderfully written comedy. Playful and unlike a lot of more recent comedies I seen lately.
- It is what it is. Charming cast, though. Should’ve watched this in the airplane that one time, even without the R rated parts.
(1985) Smooth Talk
- Great film with a surprising arc. Horrifying and crept into my dreams for the rest of the month after I’ve seen it.
(1986) Little Shop of Horrors
- A classic! Wished Ellen Greene was in more things. Love her voice. Terrified at the prospect of the remake.
(2018) Minding the Gap
- Finally watched this film, after so long! Beautiful film.
(2019) Trixie Mattel: Moving Parts
- Didn’t mean to watch this but caught my housemates watching this while hanging out. A moving, vulnerable doc.
(1994) Reality Bites
- A fun, weirdly timely again coming of age story. Winona and the cast is lovely. Some weirdly problematic things, as with most films from this time. Kind of a bummer since the resolution of the film encourages toxic relationships reminiscent of how Bushwick fuccbois treat people.